Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Finished Colonial Jacket

I've long planned to make a Colonial Jacket - they're so versatile and simple,
besides taking very little fabric!

I just wish there were some Colonial era reenactments or events of some sort in Texas.
Haven't found any yet.


Can't see 'em, but the sleeves have cuffs

       When I did start this project, it was extremely simple to put together. I changed the neckline but otherwise it fit perfectly. As you already heard, the stomacher turned out to be the hardest part, but I ended up putting the boning in after all.





       I'm wearing two starched petticoats in the photos, but it looks like I could either use more, or some other means of poofing the skirts! Hmm... so many possibilities ;)




I'm so glad I found this fabric. Just look! It matches every colored petticoat I have!




       As a side note, I almost got caught in a stampede of Longhorns! (scheduled, fyi) Didn't have my camera on hand, though. That was a big mistake, since we were right there with them and it would have made for some fun photos.


       As a very different side note, I will be going on retreat again this weekend/week, and would very much appreciate your prayers for my discernment. I'll be praying for you all as well!

2 comments:

  1. Can we say totally adorable! I love that floral pattern. And also reminds me of Felicity's school outfit. Were you using one of those super historically accurate patterns? Those are always tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sure Felicity's outfit was lurking in the back of my mind, and had something to do with my liking the style. Um, yes? I guess it is "one of those" super accurate patterns, but it wasn't hard because of that. The hard part came when I stopped reading the directions! :-p

    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete