I was so sure I would be able to sew today!
Instead, I ended up taking the day to sleep in, write a college transfer/application essay (now SUBMITTED - eee!) and brainstorm.
For the past few weeks, my pencil has been busy with something very different from what it's used to.
Instead of sketching sewing projects and how to make them come together...
... along with how they make up me! lol
Very Simple Binder Cover
Start by cutting a rectangle out of fabric that is sure to cheer you up when you're studying for an exam, or waiting waiting waiting for spring break.
Cut it:
a) the height of the binder, plus two inches by
b) the width of the binder when open and flat, plus however many inches you want it to cover on the inside, plus two inches. Take a tight measurement here.
Hem all four sides, folding a 1/2 inch twice, and checking to see the finished height is as close as possible (or a little wider) as that of the binder.
Fold your pocket sides over, testing them on the binder to see if they're a good fit. Stitch the length of the pocket on the top and bottom. If you have room, you can top stitch. If you don't, hand stitch the pieces end-to-end.
I think it's better to err on the small side, from end to end of the binder. This one was a little too big for my 1" binder, and slipped around. It's a little snug for my 1 1/2" binder, but is stretching out to fit nicely.
It doesn't hurt to use dividers that coordinate with the fabric, either.
I know this is a very simple idea, but I also know they're not the best descriptions or pictures... If there's anything that's confusing, I don't mind trying again, taking step-by-step pictures while making a new one.
I don't mind at all :)

Cool Brooke, your school looks right up my alley!! If you ever need help studying just let me know:) Your book cover is really pretty also!!
ReplyDeleteAnne V.
Thanks Anne! Joscelyn told me you wanted to do nursing and would help quiz us. The three of us should get together sometime this weekend or next week :)
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for the comment! It's nice to know who's reading.