Monday, October 3, 2011

More Pysanky

This weekend I took some time, over a few days, to do pysanky!
Chris joined me and made an egg too.

I wanted to get a lacy effect, with fine lines covering the whole egg. After doing it, I think it may be easier than larger, more solid designs - it's harder to focus in and see mistakes! Keeping the colors simple makes it much easier, too.

As always, I drew the basic divisions first, and then I added a few circles





Using those lines as guides, I drew an 8-pt star in the center, with diamonds starting off of it, on both the front and back of the egg.



Then I continued taking the diamonds outward, until the front and back met at the sides. I didn't think of how much the diamonds would contort to wrap around the oval egg, after starting from circles!




The beginning of Chris' egg:





Then I started to fill in and embelish the diamonds.
It felt like working with stained glass!



kept going all the way around...




Into the dye and off with the wax, and ta da!




And here's a shot of most of the eggs we've ever made:
So many memories of time spent working, talking, and laughing with family and friends!



1 comment:

  1. Dude, that's a lot of awesome artsy eggs! Great job on all of them. So much patience and creativity.

    ReplyDelete