Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Secret to Being Happy



Just keep the joy of Jesus as your strength.
Be happy and at peace.
Accept whatever He gives,
and give whatever He takes
with a big smile.

~Mother Teresa




          I first heard this quote while in high school, and it was very significant to me because we were just about to move out of state, and I was realizing how much the Lord really does give and take in our lives. I had to learn to trust Him. I often think that I have learnerd to trust His plans, only to find that I don't. Not enough. I find myself trying to take control, or becoming upset over some unexpected turn He put in my path. He is so infinitely wiser than I can ever be. He knows my every need, my every hope. He knows what will help me to know Him and love Him as I need to.




          You wouldn't think this is such a hard thing to learn, would you? And yet when things don't go our way, when family, friends, health, finances, the weather (or even our hair, lol) don't do what we had hoped they would, we become upset, because He didn't agree with us! But He knows. He has every little thing under His control, and His plan is far better than we can imagine!


  

          It is one of my most frequent prayers that I will be able to understand which steps the Lord wishes me to take, and be able to take them with a willing smile. He allowed Himself to be crucified for me... I hope I can walk the path He has made for me, with love for Him in every step.




1 comment:

  1. Well stated. Your happiness is genuine, evident & a gift. Your ability to radiate it has been a grace lifting I and all about you.

    God Bless

    fg

    ReplyDelete