Sunday, June 19, 2011

Knit Fabric Repair

          A knit shirt that I made recently started to run, down by the hemline. The stitches are so fine that I couldn't repair it like you would a sweater, and I couldn't think of any other technique, so it has sat near the sewing machine for weeks. Today I found this technique online, and since nothing else would work and I wanted to wear that shirt, I went ahead with it.



1) Start by putting a small piece of fusible interfacing, larger than the hole/ravelling, on the wrong side.







2) use a zig-zag stitch that's wider than the hole to go side to side across it. Go forward and back a few times.

It's not the prettiest job, and it is visible, but I think it's actually less visible than the run was! Best of all, I can wear the top again. Horray :)









No comments:

Post a Comment