Monday, May 16, 2011

The Beauty of This Land


Texas wildflowers are one Southern thing that quickly and completely won my heart.
(Large glasses of sweet ice tea won a close second!)

We have been blessed with a Spring and early Summer filled with more vibrant and bountiful wildflowers than I remember seeing before. My memory could be faulty of course! I'm revelling in looking at them all as we drive by, and sometimes stopping to go walking through them. So beautiful.

 I'm not going to attempt to caption most of these, or give anything with them.

I can't think of anything to say that matches the beauty of this Spring.








PLEASE VOTE: PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST WORTHY? YEA OR NAY?

I'd love to hear which photos you like best!




This one is not from the roadside, but from a garden I went to a while ago with friends. Lovely setting, no? Unfortunately, all my people from that day were tired of sitting for the camera, so we have an empty bench, looking very magical and picturesque. How sad.



Now that first wave of wildflowers have mostly gone their way, and the hardier summer blooms are coming to take their place. Black Eyed Susans, Queen Ann's Lace, Indian Blankets, Sunflowers and their smaller look-alikes, and all sorts of others that I can't name (yet).


Photo by Joscelyn

My favorites are the Indian Blankets










Haybale season is coming up soon... anyone up for some haybale jumping? :)


Photo from 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment