Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Winter Wonderland

An amazing thing happened the other day. We had an honest-to-goodness snowfall! It snowed heavily for a few hours, then lightly through the rest of the day. It was so beautiful! Snowball fights, snowmen, walking, and pictures abounded. I'll try to narrow it down to only the best!

I'm afraid these are the only fruit our pear tree will ever yield!

Chris' challenge.



I'm sure she remembers her puppy days, when she'd bound up our homemade snowhills and
run down to go tumbling in the snow on the ground! She doesn't seem to enjoy it so much anymore :(
Of course, Katie makes this picture beautiful, not the dog!


post-snowball fight (I fought too!!)


Courtesy of Katie





Snow makes us happy. oh yes.

Maybe snow helmets are insulating,
the same way igloos and tunels are?




When I walked ahead of Chris and Katie (to keep the camera safe from their snowballs and all), this boy and his dad passed by me. After taking a couple pictures, I headed back to go save Katie, and they turned back the other way too.

As we passed again, the dad grinned and said,
"He almost threw a huge snowball at you! I told him he couldn't."

The boy was outraged with the injustice.
"DAD, you told me to!!"

"Traitor."



I was trying to catch a specific one, and it dodged behind me. I think I got it anyway.




I walk the line.
 





The Battle with the Boots.





I wish I could call them 'stovepipes'... but I canna'


There has to be a picture from The window, of course!








And with one last icicle, today we return to the customary colors of winter: brown, brown and grey.
But the spring buds have already begun to make their appearance.


I've been told by a few people lately that I should enter this or that photo in a photography contest. Now honestly, do you think any of these could make it? And which of these (or I suppose, from any of my posts) would you submit?



No comments:

Post a Comment