Friday, January 21, 2011

Apron Folding, and a Sunrise

I just ran across this picture which I had meant to put in the post about my Christmas gifts. I thought it was a cute way to fold an apron for gifting, whether or not you wrap it.


Fold the apron however you like, but leave the waist ties out. I wapped them around once, brought them back to the top and then tied them prettily.


     I'm preparing some posts for over the next couple months, because I know that once classes really get rollilng I won't have much time for posting. I also have about five projects that are almost finished but have been refusing to go together nicely. Once they're finished, I have a hundred more lined up. If you can call it 'lined'. *stern look toward projects that keep morphing, and new ones that cut in, crowding my storage to the bursting point* I can't understand how they get into my house!

     Do you mean to say that I am the main suspect just because I work at a fabric store?

     ahem.


     I hope that with their help, along with general life's occurances and inspirations, I can find something to write about, at least weekly throughout the semester. Forgive me if now and then, ordinary photos take the place of crafty/thoughtful/time consuming ones.

     Speaking of projects lined up, this one may be added in before long. What do you ladies think of this fabric for a Colonial jacket, probably over a brown or rust colored petticoat? It's pretty new at JoAnn's, and I just took a sample so I could think about it. I haven't decided if it's perfect, or a little on the ugly side. Then again, that's exactly what I said about my printed caraco, so maybe it's a good sign.







jacket2.jpg (189425 bytes)
J.P. Ryan Ladies' Jackets

    


















 

      I don't see the sunrise too often, but I was up early to go teach our dance class, and I saw that a few stars were still out. I hoped to get a few good photos of them while there was a little morning light to help. After uploading the pictures, I saw that I didn't get any good shots of stars, but I did have this one. I love the way the rosey cloud separates the starry night from the clear morning. My brother tells me that star near the top might have been Venus.




     I wonder if a sunrise, an early morning, and some laughing are all that went into making this such a lovely, happy day? If it's that simple, I might have to do it more often.

'till next time

1 comment:

  1. I think that fabric is cute, Brooke, and I love the jacket sketches!

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete