Sunday, January 9, 2011

Crafted Gifting

I love to make my Christmas gifts whenever I can, but this year I only made a few.


The first one I made, I have already posted about. It was the tube I decorated for my sister's knitting needles.



I also made her a some pajama pants out of a sheepy flannel, which I only saw thanks to a customer having me cut some for her! (my sister loves to knit, hence loves wool, hence 'loves' sheep, hence she loves anything with sheep)

Katie requested that I make an apron for a friend of ours, using this fabric. I took the pattern from an apron that I had been given. The print was so loud that I decided to use a solid blue I had on hand for some contrast to tone it down. I topstiched the contrast band and along all the edges of the ties. If you like trying to have straight topstiching, NEVER try to do that when you're under a deadline! There's a complementary fabric, pre-printed in sqares, that would make great potholders to match.




The other gift that I made was not sewn. I found (again, by chance!) these claddagh pieces and immediately thought of having green beads connecting them into a bracelet for a certain friend. I had quite a time finding irish-y-green beads in a nice size, that were not crystal or clear. Who knew?!



I'm already stocking up ideas for other occasions again!

As a side note - it's snowing today!!! It's only been going for about two hours, but it's almost covered the grass and isn't showing signs of stopping! My next post might have some pretty white pictures :)

2 comments:

  1. So cute. Cullen is hosting an Irish Dinner in March as a fundraiser for Nicaragua. These would be really cute prizes for a Trivia Contest. Where did you find the Claddaghs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They have the Claddagh pieces in both gold and silver, in packs of eight, at JoAnn's. I thought they could also make cute necklaces, with just one Claddagh and either beads or a chain going around.

    ReplyDelete