Go ahead, ask me to do something! Go ahead! I have tiiiiiiime!
*manic laugh*
For just a few minutes (or days) I am relishing the freedom of no classes, no homework, no required reading.
Then I'll get back to the reality of being useful and productive and using my time well.
I can be social, read, sew, cook, go out to do more fun stuff.... ahhh. (and maybe spend time really coughcoughcleaning)
I have been doing some sewing, and picking up more fabric for Christmas presents! Hopefully all of those projects will make their appearances here before long. In the meantime, another picture of the growing fairytale collection:
| Roses, for Beauty and the Beast |
| Shells and whathot, for The Little Mermaid (still being debated as fitting for the group) |
| Cards, for Alice in Wonderland (also still being debated) |
On another note, I bought myself a new camera on Black Friday, a Nikon! It was mostly with money given to me on my graduation, and saved for the right 'something special' to come along.
For a while I was looking at buying a DSLR, but I ended up shying away from the prices. I don't think I'm quite ready to do all the manual settings, either. I'd like to learn it someday, but felt that in the meantime I can learn about how to take a nice photo, regardless of the camera. Instead of learning fancy functions and components, or playing with my focus (all very nice touches, to be sure) I'll study and practice how to use lighting to the best effect, how to frame my subject, how to catch people at their best moments. Maybe not always their best... but the shots that capture the moment. ;-)
For a while I was looking at buying a DSLR, but I ended up shying away from the prices. I don't think I'm quite ready to do all the manual settings, either. I'd like to learn it someday, but felt that in the meantime I can learn about how to take a nice photo, regardless of the camera. Instead of learning fancy functions and components, or playing with my focus (all very nice touches, to be sure) I'll study and practice how to use lighting to the best effect, how to frame my subject, how to catch people at their best moments. Maybe not always their best... but the shots that capture the moment. ;-)
I haven't used it a lot yet, but I love what I have tried! For comparison, in unedited form:
| Old Kodak |
| New Nikon |
Here are some of my favorites I've taken so far
'till next time!
Yes to Little Mermaid shells because well duh it's Little Mermaid and I will always say yes to it. Alice in Wonderland, hrmmmm debateable yes, because I consider it more to be a whimsical children's fantasy novel. But I lurvvve the fabric.
ReplyDeleteAnd Props to freedom! Isn't it loverly. Although my time seems to be quickly taken up with lots of things. :)