Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hello Hello!

I did it! I have a blog! Eeeee!


      I predict that my posts will be mostly about my sewing projects, but I’m not restricting myself to that. I also love my Catholic faith, my family, friends, dancing, baking, photography, old movies, history, music, reading and anything that requires creativity, so look for a wide variety of random posts! (Later down the road we’ll see how accurate my prediction was…)

      Where did I come up with the window title? Well, I love my sunny bedroom window, and I have a feeling I’ll be looking at it often as I write (for cheerful inspiration, you know). I always love looking at ‘my’ pear tree, which is almost always lush green





Or snowy white with blossoms





Or fiery red





And when it’s not, it’s that much easier to see the birds sitting in the branches. : )





The sky is almost always blue, too. Who can frown with that setting?





And I thought it was kidna cute with the connection to Through The Looking Glass.

 

5 comments:

  1. Oooh how lovely! We have an ornamental pear tree right outside our kitchen window too! I love looking out and seeing it as I wash dishes, especially as the seasons change. I love how you've illustrated the meaning behind the title of your blog with pictures. They are so perfect and inspiring! Quite lovely too. Keep up with your photography girl! You have a beautiful start. :)

    I'll be checking back!! Bless you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Your reasoning and pictures provided are carefully crafted and articulated which truly show your inspiration for the blog's name. :) I'm also happy to know a fellow blogger out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Brooke! Looking forward to many more posts!

    I started a blog not too long ago.. you can check it out here: http://timothyandkatelyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are gorgeous, and illustrate your point quite nicely. I almost wonder how you can stop looking out the window long enough to write anything!

    We've got an ornamental pear tree, too; it's huge. The only problem with it is that every three years or so, the flower stink up to high heaven. It's awful. You can smell it from a mile away.

    The "Through the Looking-Glass" reference is great. I must say, though, the title also reminds me an awful lot of Anne Shirly's friend Katie Morris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the encouragement! I hope you all continue to enjoy it.

    Oh, don't they ever stink! I've decided that it smells like fish, because I walk out the door and honestly think someone is cooking with their windows open. When I realized the smell was strongest right at OUR house, it confused me for the longest time. :)

    ReplyDelete