I made this post for New Year's, and promptly forgot about it. I haven't posted much about family lately, so I'll post this even if it is very late! Also, I can't edit it anymore, so you have to take it as it is, though I might have liked to have made changes...
"Christ is born to us,
come let us worship Him"
I hope you all are having a very Merry and blessed Christmas!
Things have been quite busy here, as they have probably been for all of you over the last few weeks. Lots of preparations, shopping and crafting of gifts! Lots of time at JoAnn's, cutting pile after pile of fleece. Lots of baking - I made my first cheesecake! Lots of visiting with friends, missing all the family and friends in Michigan. Lots of excitement, and most of all, lots of love for the little Lord Jesus who was born for us.
I haven't put any family pictures up lately, so I thought I'd make an end-of-the-year post like last year, pulling up the best pictures from the last 12 months. For your sake, I'll try to keep it short, but I do love pictures... so be forwarned.
January
February
 |
| More snow! I think I look like a peanuts character here, teehee. |
 |
| Anatomy/Physiology. Not much time for pictures. |
March
 |
I went to Nashville, to visit Aquinas College and attend a non-vocational retreat with the sisters.
Here Sister Casey Marie was showing me what a wonderful game room the college has.
For those of you who pay attention to my posts about disernment,
I did NOT intend to discern religious life any farther at this point!
You know what they say, if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans... |
 |
| More Anatomy! |
April
 |
| Baseball! |
 |
| What a year for the flowers! |
 |
| A good picture of both my parents! yay! |
 |
| I love this one... |
 |
| Playing duets with Brittany |
May
 |
I went to the Benedictines (no pictures) and back to the Dominicans,
this time for a discernment retreat. Can you find me? ;) (picture snagged from the sisters)
At least three of these girls entered the order this summer.
|
 |
| My parents teaming up to get Chris with the nerf guns, lol |
August
 |
| My parents' 25th Wedding Aniversarry! |
 |
| Still filming the Monster Movie, three years later. |
 |
| Katie & I went to Michigan - I won't even try to pick pictures of friends and family! |
September
 |
| After a year, it was finished. |
 |
| There was a wedding! |
October
 |
| You gotta love 'em! |
 |
| ECD callers! |
 |
I went to Alabama, for two more retreats.
This is at Casa Maria, where I did get a few pictures of sisters! |
 |
...and this is the chapel in Marbury.
This is the guest side, but you can see the grille to the left,
marking the cloistered side where the sisters stayed. |
November
 |
| Still filming the Monster Movie (so close to being done!) |
 |
We were able to see an old friend while he was interviewing for a job here!
It was great, especially because he's one I haven't seen either time I've been back to MI. |
December
 |
| Katie and Chris ran in the Rudolf Run this year! |
 |
| A favorite picture of a warrior friend of ours |
 |
Katie tried so hard to get any little sound out of Tony's saxaphone.
It took a long time. |
It's been a wonderful year. One with life-changing surprises for me, and endless blessings, and so many wonderful memories.
God guide us all in this new year.
.
I love the heartbeat picture from June! So cute!! :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoy that my bro is featured here. Awesomesauce.
ReplyDelete