Monday, January 23, 2012

Shearling Vest

(I you look close you might notice the first edit to the blog look in quite a while... a new typeface for the title!)


          Here's a recent project I finished (well, it still needs buttons but I'm wearing it like this for now)



          Silly me, I didn't realize my hair was hiding what the collar looks like.  Oh, and the way I turned the fur back on the arms. oops :)

          The pattern is Simplicity 3628, the same as the fleece jacket I made before. It worked really well again, though I made adjustments for it to work as a single-layer vest. I ignored the lining/facing, took out the center front seam allowance, and made the collar single-layer as well. The fur was extremely messy for a while, but all worth it in the end, I think :)


May it please the supreme and divine Goodness to give us all abundant grace
ever to know His most holy will and perfectly to fulfill it.

~St Ignatius of Loyola

1 comment:

  1. I like it! :) it looks really good on you. and even though your hair is blocking the collar it makes it a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete