Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sensational Fabric



          I'm not sure exactly what impression I have given of my Anatomy/ Physiology classes, so just to clarify, I would like to state that I loved them. Or rather, I loved the material covered, and the overall experience. As usual, I did not love the information overload and testing.

          So yes, I love A&P. (while I'm on that subject - other A&P lovers look at this :)






          Lately I have been ecstatic at JoAnn's, finding fabrics that remind me of various anatomy things! For example, with Halloween coming up, we have lots of fabric with skeletons. Normally I wouldn't pay any attention, but now I'm all excited, looking for which one has the most detailed pictures. My favorite is the one with the almost-life-size full-body skeleton. But what to do with it? Hm. The one with skeleton hands on it is pretty neat, too.

          But last night, my last customer bought this:


          I forgive him and the others for still needing fabric cut well after the store 'closed'. Isn't it perfect?! Just look at this:





          The fabric looks very similar to neruons under a microscope - complete with the blue stains they used for our slides in the classes!













          I bought some, and now I have to find something funny to do with it. Not a pillowcase, not a skirt or curtains (If I had a classroom that would be neat)... just something...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a skirt of that type of fabric...would be a little different. :) (Ms. Frizzle of the Magic School Bus? :))

    You could make a notebook or binder cover, though. :)

    ReplyDelete