What do you do with a perfectly good necklace and not-so-good beads?
Switch the beads out, of course.
Putting a bead, or a combination of beads, on a jewelry pin and making a loop for connecting happens to be one of the first more advanced beading techniques I learned from my aunt.
"Advanced" as in more complicated than stringing and knotting. ;-) Obviously I don't do much beading.
Here it is finished
And on me. I think I might add a few links to the closure to make it longer
for my non-ten-year-old self. ;-)
I'd love to play around with this technique of wrapping wire on a pegboard.
I even bought a board when I was 14 or so, but never learned to use it well.
My question is how the wire is stiff enough to hold its shape,
but soft enough to wrap and twist.



No comments:
Post a Comment