Thursday, December 1, 2011

I did it! I did it! I said that I would do it, and indeed I did!

Except no, I did't go to a ball or get mistaken for a princess. Gee, thinking of Higgins, Pickering and Eliza, that makes what I did seem so ordinary... oh well.

I finished a project!




       Not just any project either, one that has been staring at me for almost a year! It's that fleece jacket I posted about here. I almost finished it then, but I got to the buttonholes and stopped.


(I have to show off my buttonholes!)

      I decided to give bound buttonholes a try. I did a few tests, mostly figured them out, and then did the first one on the jacket itself, and it turned out okay. But I realized that it's really hard to mark the buttonholes through the multiple layers, and stitch straight lines on fleece, when the stitches sink into the fabric and you can't see anything. So I stopped at 1 1/2 buttonholes out of 3.




       I picked it up again this week, since it's been getting cold again and I'm all fired up to start burning through my projects and stash. I developed my own way of marking the lines, and ended up stitching them by hand. It worked very well, so well that my last buttonhole barely matches the first two! oops. Ya live an' learn.



      I love this jacket pattern, and am looking forward to using it again! As for doing bound buttonholes again... I still haven't decided about that. :)

Oh! And I have to show you my new mug:




hee hee hee


May it please the supreme and divine Goodness to give us all abundant grace
ever to know His most holy will and perfectly to fulfill it.

- St. Ignatius of Loyola

No comments:

Post a Comment