I tested a new dessert recipe recently! I love all citrus and tropical fruits, so I really wanted to try making a key lime pie. It was very interesting because I've never even tasted one and didn't know what to expect. Some recipes give the impression that it will be custard-like, or some mouse-like. Mine ended up being similar to pudding.
It took about twenty of these key limes to get enough juice and zest for the pie. It took almost as much time to do that as to make the pie! I wonder how different the pie would taste with regular limes instead?
Grham cracker crust, + filling + whipped cream
= very tart deliciousness.
VERY tart. As in, the whipped cream is necesary to cool it.
Would it burn if you cooked it without the crust and served it as pudding instead of pie?
For those of you who like classic movies, here is a combination of many cooking scenes:
I love both Christmas in Connecticut and Sabrina because of the cooking scenes, and they left out some of the best lines. :(
From Sabrina:

"A woman happily in love, she burns the soufflé.
A woman unhappily in love, she forgets to turn on the oven"
[a letter from Sabrina] "I decided to be sensible the other day and tore up David's picture.
Could you please airmail me some Scotch tape?"
Sabrina: "I might as well be reaching for the moon."
Baron: "Oh, you young people are so old fashioned.
Have you not heard? We are building rockets to reach the moon!"
And from Christmas in Connecticut:
Felix: (Hungarian Chef) "Watch now. I show you how to flip-flop the flop-flips." {flapjacks}
Elizabeth: "Everytime I'd opened my mouth he talked. I felt like Charlie McCarthy."
Felix, chuckling and smiling,: "Catastroph! M-hm. Sam?"
Sam: "Yes, sir?"
"Catastrophe, what is it?
" It's from the Greek. It means "a misfortune, a cataclysm or a serious calamity."
"It is good?"
"No, sir. That's bad."
John: "Elizabeth,"
Felix: (serving food) Artichoke hearts,"
John: "...sometimes these things happen for the best."
Felix: "Balogna."
Felix: "Goulash with turnips! Catestroph."
Norah: "T'isn't goulash! It's good old Irish stew."
"Maybe old, but not good, such goulash."
...
Felix: "Paprika! That will fix it."
(dumps half of cannister in pot)
"Now is goulash."
No comments:
Post a Comment