Recently I've had very little time to work on the ballgown, but I did manage to get all the edges finished and the piping on! Essentially this means that I could wear the bodice as it is, if I had someone sew me in to it. So it still needs a closure (either temporary hooks and eyes, or eyelets for lacing), two more bones,
maybe some more fitting, and trim.
Because it's wearable, though, I am now moving on to the skirt. All the panels are sewn together, and the hem ironed in. I now need to sew the hem, pleat the top, and sew it to the bodice.
There is a Civil War dance this Saturday, a mere two hours' drive from here. I was able to attend last year, without period-appropriate attire, and I would be so upset if I were able to attend again, and I didn't have this dress ready. Here's to hoping for few homework assignments and speedy sewing, without any need for a seam ripper!
No comments:
Post a Comment